Apr 26, 2015

Prevent Constant Security Popups on Genymotion with Google Play During ADB Installs

Problem

After installing Google Play services on Genymotion devices, I get a popup every time I try to install an APK. This popup prevents the adb install from completing until I either decline or accept. I've had this happen before but I keep forgetting how to turn it off. Googling doesn't help so I'm making this post for the next time I get into this mess.

Symptoms

A popup with the following message every time you try to install an app:

Allow Google to regularly check device activity for security problems, and prevent or warn about potential harm. Learn more in the Google Settings app.



Solution

Choose decline, then open the Google settings app (i.e. not the regular settings ... the other one. That's the key part I keep forgetting.) and turn off this option:

Scan device for security threats

Just to state the obvious, I think this is fine for an emulator but probably not something you want to disable on an actual phone that contains sensitive information. In that case, it's probably best to just "accept" the scanning, instead.

1 comment:

  1. I have this setting disabled already, and the popup keeps popping up every couple of days...

    ReplyDelete